Cultural Competence: Tools & Resources
- American Academy of Pediatrics (lead author Denice Cora-Bramble D, MD). Culturally Effective Care Toolkit, 2011. Permission is granted to download and reproduce only those items designated as “Tools”.
- DiversityRx: Improving Health Care for a Diverse World is a website designed to improve access to and quality of health care for minority, immigrant and Indigenous communities and to support culturally and linguistically responsive health services.
- National Center for Cultural Competence (Georgetown University, Center for Child and Human Development), has educational resources, publications and self-assessment tools including:
- Office of Minority Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. A Physician’s Practical Guide to Culturally Competent Care. This free, self-directed training course and website helps equip health care professionals with awareness, knowledge and skills to better treat the diverse population they serve.
- SickKids Hospital (Toronto, Ontario), Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Child and Family-centred Care. The Clinical Cultural Competency Series includes 15 open-access multimedia and interactive e-learning modules on various topics. See especially these modules: Cross-cultural communication, and Parenting across cultures. Other SickKids Hospital resources include: About Kids Health, Multilingual Health A–Z
- University of Washington Medical Centre. Communication Guide: All Cultures. Culture Clue for Clinicians, 2011.
Last updated: April, 2018